The older we get, the more people complain.
For as long as I can remember, I've been bothered by people who complain {especially people who complain about things that can't be changed}. It is just not my style. I like talking about what people do during free time on the weekends, how their kiddos and pets are doing, and chit-chats about friends, boys, purses, and shopping.
This past year has been one full of changes, and I've realized SO many things.
1. I love my life. I've made this life -- I truly believe you can do whatever you set your mind to.
2. Money will never buy me happiness. I don't know why I am blessed to have this character trait, but it really doesn't make me happy. Things that do make me happy: Eric, Jack, Maggie, friends, family, chocolate, and kids.
3. It does not matter what car you drive, how big your house is, or what name brand clothes you wear. The "new" feeling always wears off, and you're left with what truly matters --- friends and family.
4. The grass really is greener on the other side --- of town :)
5. Eric is one amazing daddy. We make such a great team. We spend just the right amount of time with Jack -- to the point where sometimes we argue who gets to hang out with him. We take turns with baths, feedings, poopy diapers and more! I truly believe we can love him more, because we never feel overwhelmed.
6. I picked the right profession. I never glance at the clock and think "oh man, seven more hours". I look at the clock and think "seventh hour is next...here we go"!
Here's to staying positive -- no matter how old I get! My students tell me that I'm always in a good mood, my friends know that if they call I probably will be excited about some new adventure {rather than complaining about some defeat}, and I am a genuinely happy person.
No comments:
Post a Comment