Followers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thankful...

Not often do I feel stressed, overworked, or maxed-out. I don't easily exhaust or complain about anything...

Tonight, however, I'm definitely overwhelmed. As I sit here covered in transcripts, FAFSA info {which takes me WAY back to good ol' Fin Aid Office at UNI!}, and a detailed grad. school application --- an old song played on my Pandora.

Rascal Flatts - When the Sand Runs Out:
"I'm gonna stop lookin' back and start movin' on
And learn how to face my fears
Love with all of my heart, make my mark
I wanna leave something here"

Finally it all made sense. I've always wanted to be a principal. Yes, I'm busy. Yes, I'm a mommy now. Yes, I'm going to start grad school and say goodbye to any kind of life for the next two years...

The next song to play?

Brad Paisley - She's Everything
She's the giver I wish I could be
And the stealer of the covers
She's a picture in my wallet
and my unborn children's mother
She's the hand that I'm holding
When I'm on my knees and praying
She's the answer to my prayer
And she's the song that I'm playing
This song was my song according to Eric a LONG time ago. I love that it says 'unborn children's mother'...he always loved that song for me. And, it's all coming true. Just then I'm reminded of the amazing and supportive husband and daddy who's willing to help pitch in for these next few years as I begin a new journey...

Thanks, Pandora, for the pick-me-up just when I needed it. Thanks, Jack, for sharing your momma with grad. school. Thanks, Eric for everything. Today I am thankful.

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment