Jack is two-and-a-half next month. I am SO, so, SO very grateful for the time span between our two littles. He's just independent enough that he can play and be content if he needs to be, yet...he still loves a good snuggle with momma. The best part is I'm sure he'll never really remember life "before Kate". I worried that he would act out or wonder what in the world happened when we brought our new baby home, but honestly since the day we walked in the door with Kate he was smitten. {Okay, so maybe he scratched a kid's face at daycare his first day back...but the same kid bit him a couple times. Maybe that's Jack making a stand for toddler bullying and NOT him acting out?!}
1. Jack is nicknamed "Captain Obvious". Mom, bee bee cryin! Mom, time for biper change...me do it! Mom, Maggie barking...hear it? Yes, Jack we know...but thanks for filling us in. He's a helper that little guy.
2. Pink and blue are interchangeable at this point. Why buy a new baby bath tub when the blue one works just fine? Blue bumbo for our sweet little girl...sure, why not. Jack's in on the color swapping, too, as he rinses his little head in the tub with a pink hair rinser cup and snuggles with a pink stuffed pig he stole from Kate's shelf.
3. Trips to Target are twice as expensive. I pick up a new toy for Jack and a few outfits for Kate. Two boxes of diapers. A bag of Goldfish for Jack and another bottle of Johnson's baby wash for the tub. Two kids = way, way more Johnson's. MMMMmmmm I never want to forget the sweet baby smell of that unforgettable baby wash.
4. Never. forget. the. mornings. It doesn't get any better than waking up to Kate's little cry in the pink and gray nursery across the hall. Instantly, Jack cracks his door open and instead of coming to our room...he goes straight into Kate's. I listen intently from the monitor as he climbs on the crib to say good morning to his baby sister. Within seconds I hear his pitter-patter and he's next to my bed saying "momma, yake up...bee bee Kate is wakin' up! Mom, get up! Good morning, momma!"
5. Two kids crying. Enough said. Every once-and-awhile we have a total meltdown in our living room. When not one but TWO kids are having full out scream fests...Eric and I usually just look at each other and laugh, laugh, laugh. Eventually it calms back to normal. Tonight, Jack was mad about me taking away the iPad {the kid's getting addicted!} and we watched as Kate's face went from a smile, to a frown, to a full-out cry! Adorable. She already feels for her little bro.
{I think they like each other...}
"Lord help the mister that comes between me and my sister."
- Irving Berlin
love the new layout!
ReplyDeletethe living room meltdown... aunt ally would FREAK OUT for sure. :)
the mornings are defintely worth getting up for :)
and that quote is from a really good movie "White Christmas." (watch it sometime)
miss you all,
love aunt ally