Followers

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Operation Nursery - ACCOMPLISHED!

So I'm absolutely obsessed with having my house decorated and cleaned at all times. I've been not-so-patiently waiting five months to be able to start decorating for baby. As soon as we found out we were pregnant, I took out all of the decorations for the spare bedroom. There it sat as a white, stark, dull, boring room. Each day I walked in and thought...hmmm we are having a baby?

Here's the before:


As soon as we found out we were having a little boy, I was so excited to get the room finished. Not started on...or working on it...but finished! My decorating wheels were turning, in all kinds of crazy directions, for all of the following reasons:
1. I am not a big fan of baby blue. I don't have any explanation...I just don't love the color!
2. I've never decorated, or even thought about decorating, a baby's room.
3. Being pregnant has forced my brain to an even worse place of not being able to make decisions....someone please tell me this is normal?
4. I want this room done before school starts, and preferably before my showers.

Also, as soon as we found out what we were having, we went straight to Waterloo for our friend's wedding weekend! Then, after that, we went on our little vacation. So, for two torturous weeks I've been thinking, rethinking, deciding, and waiting to get started.

Finally Tuesday came. The day that I had NO plans. I decided: I'm going to FIND the nursery bedding which I had been obsessively searching for TODAY! I went from store to store, which I'd done ten times already...and finally found a set that was PERFECT. I was shaking in excitement, because it's really, really, really hard for me to choose for some reason? I brought it straight home and put all of the bedding on the crib with Eric's help. First the skirt, then the sheet, then the bumpers (which come separately in a set of four, who knew?!), and piled all of the other accessories for later. I decided right then and there it was IT! Finally...

Then, I drove as fast as I could -matching wall hanging in hand- to Menards, Suite Dreams (a baby bedroom specialty store), babies r' us, and hobby lobby. I picked out a no-fume perfectly tan paint, several wall decorations, and a matching mobile.

Needless to say, by 8:00 p.m., the nursery was painted, trimmed, decorated, and ready for baby! ONE DAY! A new record :) Well, not really...that's kind of my style. Fast, quick, and efficient!

So...here goes it! Little Munchkin Krieger's perfect baby getaway:







I'm really proud that the room is finished! I am also so happy that I found a boy crib set that wasn't all blue everything, and one that didn't have lions, tigers, bears, or sports all over it. I just like plain and simple, not themed kiddy stuff...at least for now! I also had a "vision" that I didn't know would work...and I think it did! I found the wooden yellow safety pin, and I really wanted to frame it in an empty frame that matched the furniture in the nursery. So, I found the frame, spray painted it expresso, and I think it looks great!

I love you, Baby Krieger. We can't wait for your little arrival! We're ready, well for November of course :)

2 comments:

  1. love the blanket! super cute! love the openback frame idea, gotta love good ole hob lob. i am with you on the whole decision thing, too many choices! we are so excited for you guys! love love love the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog!!! So excited for ya'll...and of course you decorated the nursery in 1 day--so you!! I LOVE IT!!! :) Keep the posts coming because it's so fun to be able to keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete