How far along: 38 weeks...I'm hoping it's the last time I blog about pregnancy?! :) At least until the next time around...****crossing fingers****
Food cravings/aversions this week: I don't know where the idea came from, but I always thought that pregnant people ate and ate and ate. I could have sworn it's all they do! They are growing another human in their body for goodness sakes. Well, that has been far from the truth with me. I've stayed the exact same weight for the last four (if not longer) weeks. And, I've gained a total of 8 pounds the entire pregnancy. My appetite has vanished for the most part -- probably thanks to this gigantic baby that squishes my tummy all the way up to my brain it feels like. These last few weeks have been filled with quick and easy snacks. Rarely do we actually cook a dinner and eat it together. I snack when I get home, Eric makes something when he gets home, and we go on with our night. Weird. Very weird. That being said, no real cravings or aversions...just eating small portions of anything.
Changes/feelings: I am feeling miserable. I have been refusing to buy more awful maternity clothes for the last couple of months, and now I'm regretting it. I am very limited in what I can wear, and even if it fits around my wideness, its not comfortable at all. Not even one bit. I'm ready to be me again!
I'm also feeling ready to be a mom. My build-in 'worry wart' attitude has kicked in; for the first time ever I worried about not feeling the baby move. Hours later it was a fireworks show for all to see! I have rearranged drawers of clothing, read up on my breastfeeding books, and packed all of the bags for the hospital. The car seat and base are installed and level. My long-term sub is set to start on Monday of next week -- plans are all in place for me to be gone. I'm excited to be able to think about this baby, and not about how 110+ middle schoolers are doing with someone else teaching them.
Memorable moment this week: I had this wonderful idea: try on your old jeans and see if they will fit when the baby is here! Depressing thought, I know. However, it was a success! I pulled my favorite jeans down from the top shelf and took a deep breath. I was sure they'd be like denim leggings and I'd have a ways to go before I could wear my cute clothes again. But, I was so anxious to look at and touch jeans with buttons and zippers that I had to try. First pair...FIT! Minus the v-shape the zipper makes, only thanks to the baby bump. Second pair...slid right on! Heck yes :) I've been wearing the same two pairs of maternity jeans in spite of buying more maternity clothes for such a short period of time. It's very refreshing to see a nice stack of real clothes that will fit soon!
Least favorite moment this week: Huge. Huge. Huge. That is all.
What I am looking forward to: BABY KRIEGER! His due date is days away...and according to the doctor he should grace us with his presence very soon. I'm not holding my breath, but it will have to be soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment