Comfy in there? Well, your movements have changed from little rumblings to entire belly shifts. When you scootch around I can feel it in many areas of my body. I'm thinking you're making your way to where you'll soon make your exit into this crazy world we live in. And, I'm ready.
Your due date is just days away. I'm thinking you already know that and have planned to stay in one more day after? That's my guess. My first guess was November 19th, 2010. Your dad's guess was November 21st (merely for selfish Iowa Football Game reasons). You should have come on that day! Well, we were both wrong. What we've realized is that you're not even here and you definitely call the shots already. We're wrapped around your tiny little fingers and we haven't even seen them yet.
I'm so proud of you little man. You have stayed warm in my belly just as long as you should. I have been blessed with a problem-free pregnancy (minus little complaints from an uncomfortable mommy). You are in perfect position for hopefully a normal, natural delivery. Every time we hear your fast little heartbeat it sounds loud and strong. You have un-discovered my ribs; maybe you're so low you can't even reach them? Thanks anyway!
I promise...
1. ...to always read to you. Daddy or I will read you a goodnight story every night. When you get old enough, I will never shoot you down on reading a good book.
2. ...to always give you a bath, rub you all over with Johnson's baby lotion, and cuddle you in one of your many animal bath towels until you're warm.
3. ...to NEVER, EVER put you in "Baby's First Christmas" or "My First Birthday" or any other holiday attire. I'm way more creative than that.
4. ...to talk to you like a mini-adult. I won't say things like "pee-pee" or "potty". We'll always talk to you like you'll have to say it someday.
5. ...that you will always have an abundance of toys for your playing enjoyment.
6. ...to not come up with too many nicknames. I'm sure you'll have a handful, but hopefully they aren't too embarrassing.
7. ...to always love you, cuddle you, parade you around, and care for you in the best ways that we can.
I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait to share the name we've picked with the world. I can't wait to spend the next several weeks just you, dad, and me. I'm excited for feeding you, changing your tiny little diapers, belly time, and attempting to put you in your swing. I'm excited for your newborn pictures and sending out Christmas cards with not just Eric and Me (like it's been for the past million years), but Eric, Me and Baby!
We'll see you soon baby Krieger. And, believe me...there are lots of people waiting to meet you!
Love you more than ever,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment