Followers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

36 Weeks!


That means there's a really big bun in the oven :)

How far along: 9 MONTHS PREGNANT! AHH!!!!

Food cravings/aversions this week: FOOD. FOOD. FOOD. Not really, actually. My stomach is so squished by this monster of a baby that I can't really eat much right now. It seems strange that hugely pregnant, I eat less?! I would have NEVER guessed that from me. I'm a huge eater normally, and I'm really not much into eating lately. Cravings, however...hmmm. I've drank an entire jug of chocolate milk. I even sent Eric to the gas station at 11 p.m. on a chocolate milk hunt. The other day I stopped by Mickey D's for breakfast, and left with a chocolate milk jug and a Hi-C Orange. No food, just two random drinks. I guess I'd say I'm thirsty?

Changes/feelings: I feel huge. I feel pregnant. I feel ready to have a baby. Last weekend, Eric and I were on our Sunday House Hunt, and I started to have real contractions. The kind that take your breath away, do not go away when you move or walk, and I even started to cry! I was SO not ready for an October baby. It was a great wake-up call for both of us...this baby may be here sooner than we think. Eric's response was sheer panic: "Are you okay? Do we need to go to the hospital? What's happening?! What can I do to help? Do we need to stop home first? What's going on?!" Eventually I screamed - "STOP TALKING!" Then, suddenly the contractions disappeared. Oh, Eric, how I feel for you the day the baby is born.

Memorable moment this week: I went to my 36 week appointment, and found out that I am dilated to 1 cm, and am 80% effaced! At first I thought...hmmmm....wonder what those two numbers mean?! Those silly OB docs use the strangest language. So, I rushed home, did my usual Google search, and found out I'm closer to labor than I thought! The doctor said "That doesn't mean you'll have your baby tomorrow, but that doesn't mean you won't, either!" and she also said "You're progressing nicely!" She seemed surprised. I, however, was secretly hoping that the contractions I've been having have done their job...and turns out they have! (For those of you who are lost when you read the words 'dilated' and 'effaced', dilated is far open your cervix is, and effaced is how thin it is -- the thinner the closer you are to delivery). So, baby Krieger will be here soon! I go back next week...if I make it that long! Come on, baby!

Least favorite moment this week: Riding on a party bus 9 months pregnant - big mistake! I was a bridesmaid in one of my best friend's wedding this weekend. The dress was comfy, the bride was fabulously calm, and the wedding was amazing! The only downfall...a bumpy, awful ride on a party bus bar hoping. I should have thought that one out and I would have driven along behind! I assigned anyone sitting across from me "baby catching duty" just in case...maybe it was the bus ride that helped dilate my cervix? My only comparison: you're floating in a pool, and a little kid does 100 cannon balls right next to you. That's what each bump, turn, wiggle, and hiccup felt like on the bus. AWFUL!

What I am looking forward to: BABY KRIEGER'S ARRIVAL! I can't believe it's almost here. I can't believe I'm 9 months pregnant. I can't believe I'm dilated. I can't believe it's NOVEMBER. I'm ready, little man.

2 comments:

  1. dang sis, i feel like i'm up to date and i check back and bam! 3 posts! lol.... everything is happening so FAST!! effaced, huh? learning ALOT lol. can i just say this is the fastest 9 months EVER. i'm here, can't wait to meet our nephew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah!!! I'm so excited for you. 1 and 80% that sounds great to me... excited to see what has changed at this weeks appointment ;) Keep us updated!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete