This is our view from the front of our house -- right across the street from a city park =) Perfect for doggie and baby walks!
So, now comes the fun part --- deciding on what to put in our new house. We've signed all of the paperwork and are ready for the building process! The builder will break ground on our lot sometime this week. Our 'Sunday House Hunts' have quickly changed into 'Sunday Detail Hunts' as we scavenge the town for similar houses. We now have to choose: siding, shutters, carpet, and paint colors. We also have to decide on fixtures and appliances. Oh, and don't forget shingles, tile, washer/dryer, and granite color. Whoa, choices! All of which I'm not good at picking or choosing.
I'm thankful for Eric. Some how he becomes easily convinced that whatever I prefer is what's best for 'us'. He's such a good sport. He even told the builder "If I say something, ignore it...if my wife tells you something, that's what goes!" He's a smart man.
Here is my priority list I made when we first starting looking for houses:
1. It must be in Waukee -- at the very minimum in the Waukee School District.
2. It must have 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.
3. I really, really, really, really wanted a jacuzzi tub...
4. It had to have a flat, decent sized yard - per Eric - for playing catch with kiddos.
5. Both cars must fit in the garage.
6. We prefer a living room with fireplace for our t.v.
7. Laundry room NOT in the basement.
8. We want it to have "curb appeal".
9. Charlie Brown trees are a must (which means it's in a new development of cookie-cutter houses).
10. Trails or parks nearby...perfect for walking doggie and baby!
We actually found all of that, and more! I'm so ready to watch them dig and build our house. We are scheduled to move in around March or April...so let the building begin!
This will be our street sign! SO exciting =)
No comments:
Post a Comment