Followers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nesting?



Anyone who knows me well knows that I am an extreme clean freak. Everything has a spot -- a perfect spot. And, if you come to our house you will find everything just as it should be. Well, add pregnancy in the 3rd trimester and you'll soon realize that my 'problem' has only gotten worse! Not to mention, a new washer and dryer has just been installed.

I have been shopping, arranging, cleaning, and rearranging as if it's my goal in life to have the most organized house for baby? As if baby K will mind. The other day I went on one of my baby store shopping sprees, dumped all of the bags out on the floor, and pieced together all of the outfits my finds could build. Then, I decided it was necessary to get out ALL of baby Krieger's clothing collection and figure out all of the outfits I could create. I have this strange feeling he has so many that he won't be able to wear them all? So, if that's the case, he'll rock two or three baby gap ensembles a day? =)

The aftermath of this feat you wonder? Excitement for another chance to organize and assemble baby K's wardrobe in the baby room. Crazy?! I call it nesting.

Then, I've been on this baby blanket addiction. Every store carries the cutest little baby blankets. And, I feel I need each one of them? Our cupboard has quickly moved from stacks upon stacks of hotel-like white, comfy, and spotless towels for all of our many guests...to baby blanket piles by texture. I mean, he's going to spit up and get them messy, so I need a hundred of them...right?

I love that as I am typing this it all sounds so normal and relevant. As I reread it years (or possibly months) from now, I'll realize, too, how crazy I've become in these last few weeks of having a bun in the oven.

All of these 'crazy nesting tactics' have gone without mentioning the cleaning frenzies I've been on. I can hardly bend over without tipping over, yet I deep cleaned every inch of my carpets with our carpet cleaner. The one where after the water runs out you have to bend over, refill, and do it all over again. 8 times total. Yep. We have clean carpet my friends.

Well, I hope this post gives you a glimpse into my crazy preparing-for-baby world. You can only imagine all that goes on in this ocd, perfectionist, and clean-freak brain of mine.







"Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be."
-- Carrie Fisher

No comments:

Post a Comment