Followers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

You know I'm 36 weeks pregnant when...

...a freak-out session occurs when I flip my planner to next week and realize we're in November, folks!

...a chocolate milk craving at 11 p.m. sends Eric flying to the nearest gas station. He came home with the chocolate milk, plus gummy worms and kettle chips...and they're all gone.

...a stroller sits patiently in my trunk. We're working on installing the car seat this week.

...every twinge, pull, or tug feels like it might be a contraction.

...shopping sounds like work. Wait, I mean shopping IS work. Getting out of the car, stopping at the restroom. I can only make it for an hour or so...if.

...my house smells like baby dreft and is covered in re-washed baby clothes and blankets. It's a little scary to see how much I've bought =)

...the decision between stairs or the elevator has become quite easy.

...random strangers now ask "When are you due? Not too much longer I'm sure..."

...I have a permanent pass to the front of the bathroom line.

...I google everything from aches to false labor signs...at least once a day.

...the music is the car is too loud, my stomach will tell you. Baby Krieger will kick, wiggle, and squirm! Get it, buddy!

...my wardrobe is down to just a few essentials that still fit. I refuse to buy more maternity clothes.

...choosing the right toilet paper is a big decision. I opened five packages to find the softest kind...sorry wal-mart.

...there is a countdown to maternity leave. Three weeks!

...I spend a little time each night hanging out in the nursery. For so long it was just a dream; the perfect little space. Soon it will be used quite often!

...I hold long conversations with pro-mommies about baby lotion, breast feeding tips, and coupons - regularly.

...Eric helps me out of my couch, out of the tub -- he even drains the water -- and out of the car.

We're getting there! The due date is quickly approaching. I can't wait for our doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I'm hoping they say "Not much longer now!" If not, I'm content to wait as well. Just as long as the little guy doesn't stay in there too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment