A nice view from the top...that's right. I can't see my toes.
How far along: 34 Weeks!
Food cravings/aversions this week: Dairy products are starting to sound good. Today's afternoon snack was cottage cheese. MMmmmm. My lunch consisted of a frozen $0.99 Fettuccine Alfredo and a mini package of cheese and crackers. I've driven through McDonald's drive through multiple times in the last week to score a plain vanilla shake, when normally I only like ice cream if it's filled with brownies or cookies of some sort.
Changes/feelings: On Friday, I had my first contraction. I stopped, curled my toes, and held on to the wall! It was so strange. Now, I get them several times throughout the day. The doctor, however, says they are normal. Unless they start coming several times an hour, I just get to smile and deal! It's starting to make the whole idea of bringing home an actual living, breathing, crying, pooping baby into this world. I'm now thinking about re-washing all of the bedding and clothes. I'm thinking of what I want my little man to wear for his first day of life. And, I'm getting excited for pants that button.
Memorable moment this week: Spending time with some of the greatest friends in the world. This weekend was a friend's baby shower, so I drove the trek back home alone, as Eric enjoyed a boys' weekend. It was perfect timing. I saw some of my favorite people in the world...for probably the last time until our little man is here. I had long talks until 2 a.m. with out a crying, wiggling little fart to interrupt our drawn-out details and discussions. I ate some of my favorite wings at one of the only places I miss in Waterloo, and I got more mommy advice from the experts. It was a perfect weekend to catch up and remember all of the great people I have in my life.
Least favorite moment this week: Deciding between walking a set of stairs or taking the elevator? Do I really need to check my mailbox this morning or can it wait? What a decision. My independence is gone. My gusto for walking and moving fast --- long gone. I'm not at all enjoying my slow, wobbly pace. I can't wait to speed walk, run for fun, and be back to my normal self!
What I am looking forward to: Using the blankets, clothes, crib, stroller, pack 'n' play, and everything else we've bought or received for baby. I can't wait to give our little man his first bath at home...where he'll become a true Johnson's baby. I can't wait to snuggle his little pottery barn frog next to him as he sleeps. I can't wait to be his mom...his world.
No comments:
Post a Comment