______________________________________________________________________
Prom!
This picture was taken before Eric's senior prom, so my junior prom. I found the dress for $15.00 at Dillards, and was so proud! I'm rocking the braces still, and Eric whipped out the white tux? We'd been together for two years now. You can't see it, but I bought a pretend engagement ring and told all of my friends that Eric proposed. Funny story - the next year he did, right before my senior prom! By now I was living with Eric as well! So crazy...

______________________________________________________________________
Our Engagement Photo!
We went with the pink theme, and it looks like I was on a dark hair kick. By the time we were married, my hair was back to blonde. Eric still has this picture - crumpled, blurry, and all in his wallet in front of his ID. Too cute. As I think back to this day five years ago, I remember actually being on his back...you can read that all over his face. He's screaming "GET OFF OF ME QUICK!" :)

______________________________________________________________________
Our Wedding Day!
I absolutely adore this picture. It was taken after the ceremony. Eric and I both felt a sense of relief. We made it through the stressful part of the day, and it was now time to just enjoy each other's company, along with all of the friends and family that were present. We took our "exceptional persons" bus to Cedar Falls and snapped five minutes worth of after-ceremony pictures on the beautiful UNI campus. This picture was taken right after I burped in Eric's face...we both laughed...and I squealed "HA! You're stuck with me now! We're married!" Oh, to be 20 again.

______________________________________________________________________
UNI Homecoming!
This was Eric's first UNI shirt, and he was already a junior. I dragged him to the homecoming game, and we had a blast together...minus TC the mascot trying to attack me :). By now we were settled into our first home, enjoying married life, and were considering buying a puppy to add to our family!

______________________________________________________________________
Graduation!
Eric's graduation, first! I was so proud of him. He graduated with a double major in Finance and Real Estate...and that's exactly what his line of work is. It was so surreal to watch the ceremony. College graduation was much different than high school. It felt like a major accomplishment. Then, my graduation! Now it was time for life to start. We'd been together for six years by now, and were both ready for the next steps. We both searched for our dream careers, and found them! Success is sweet! :)

______________________________________________________________________
Move to West Des Moines!
At the end of 2008, we fortunately sold our starter home in a few short weeks, packed our lives, and moved to West Des Moines. Eric transfered with his job, and I started subbing around the area. By May, I landed my dream middle school teaching job in Des Moines, and a few months later Eric transferred to a different bank as well. This is our Christmas picture in WDM! Oh, and there's our addition to our family...Maggie. We got her right around my birthday the year before we moved.
______________________________________________________________________
EXPECTING!
This is our first picture of my baby bump. After nearly ten years together, Eric and I are expecting our first. We've gone from prom, to college, moved to a new town, and are now starting our family. Everything has always worked out just perfect! In a few short weeks we can add another page to our repertoire of pictures and memories. I can't wait!

It's fun to look back at our pictures; how we've changed, what our lives are like now compared to then. I love you, Eric, and can't wait for many, many more years of happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment