Followers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

32 Weeks!


How far along: 32 Weeks...8 more (or less hopefully) to go!

Food cravings/aversions this week: I'm still really into apple juice. I think this little man likes apples. I woke up this morning wishing I had an apple to eat...which I never eat, so off to the grocery store we go!

I can officially eat chicken again! I've been craving it the entire time, but it usually makes me sick. Just recently I've downed chicken nuggets, chicken strips, among others...and I can keep it down just fine. Yay!

Changes/feelings: I feel like a blimp. I feel like my wardrobe is running out of options. But, I feel like I'm wasting money if I buy more maternity clothes, since it won't be much longer. So...I searched the clearance racks and scored 7 shirts for $22! A new record :) They are cute t-shirts that will fit through the end of my pregnancy...we can only hope. I'm feeling very ready. My dreams have changed from baby clothes and accessories to labor visions and fears. I wake up each day and think, we're one day closer to having a baby. I'm actually starting to picture it in my mind.

Memorable moment this week: We've started to pack our "hospital bag". I've been wondering about how to start this process for a while. We finally searched what to include. My visions: the gigantic suitcase that I took with me to London - filled with everything I could possibly need for weeks. Eric's plan: a small suitcase for all of our belongings -- since both him and his family will be here to run home or to the store for forgotten items. Well, Eric wins for once. We looked it up and it said how stupid you would look if you came in with a full suitcase ready to go! So, we're condensing, checking off the list, and getting the last little things I would never think of....like chap stick?! Hopefully we've remembered everything...

Least favorite moment this week: I've had more than a few dreams worrying about my long-term substitute teacher that I'm going to leave my kiddos with. I keep wondering what if I go earlier than planned and I'm standing in my classroom? What if the sub doesn't like what I have planned and doesn't continue to teach? All kinds of fears! Well, on Monday I have a meeting with my potential long-term sub...and I'm so excited! That way I'll know him, can start getting final plans ready, and I'll feel more secure if I happen to deliver this baby early...I'm probably just wishful thinking :)

What I am looking forward to: My 32 week appointment...one more closer to delivery! We are down to an appointment every week this time and next, then we'll be at the doc. every week! We'll see how I like all of those!

3 comments:

  1. One thing I would say to definitly take, your own oversized towel. The towels at the hospital are so thin and its nice to have your own. But, yes, keep it small. We were 1 and 1/2 hours and I was able to use one bag. When you leave you're going to have so much more to take out (including a baby) and you won't be able to help carry it, so Eric will appreciate if you keep the load light! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My piece of advice - slippers. Your feet will get cold, even if the rest of you is hot. I loved having my slippers with me! And Jamie is right, take as little as possible with you because you will have so much to take home it will be ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pic ;) You have that pregnancy GLOW mama!! You are getting so close. YAH!!!

    ReplyDelete