37 Weeks...I look huge! Good thing I'm only up 8 pounds for the entire pregnancy. I'm hoping for a chunker of a baby...
Well, here we are 37 weeks pregnant. According to the doctor, 37 weeks is considered full-term. That means I could go into labor at any time. I know that might be wishful thinking, but I kind of have a feeling it will be sooner than November 29th...
Eric and I have enjoyed a couple of relaxing weekends lately. Actually, boredom set in BIG TIME on Sunday. I'm very ready to have a little squirmer to entertain us. On Friday and Saturday, we went on several walks around town together. Saturday night, we went on a true 'midnight stroll'. It was a freezing 40 degrees. We bundled up (me in Eric's gigantic winter coat; Eric in his new wool dress coat for work) and walked and talked. On Sunday, we sat. We watched t.v. We pondered for hours about what to do, what to make for dinner, and what to name our baby. I finally drug myself out of the house and went walking! I went to Kohl's, Walmart, and the mall. I picked up a few last essentials I decided baby had to have while in the hospital, and mostly did a lot of looking. Sunday made me very excited for real clothes. That's right...pants with buttons and zippers, shirts that aren't gigantically tent-like and stretchy, and high-heels.
After my boring Sunday, I decided it was time to scrub the outside of my fridge (as if it needed it), run around the house picking up and cleaning, and I even sterilized all of the bottles! Even though I plan to breastfeed, I'll have the bottles ready and waiting. After two trash runs outside, Eric finally stopped...stared...and asked "Are you alright?" You would think he'd be used to my crazy cleaning antics, but I think he's watching over my every move making sure I'm not soon-to-deliver his little baby boy.
I still feel pretty much like myself - minus the contractions I get several times an hour. Today I paced the gigantic halls of our school for any reason at all...just to keep moving. I even jumped up and down during a plate tectonics cheer. All in hopes of popping a baby out right then and there. What better science experiment than their teacher going into labor right in front of them?!
I'm feeling ready to pop. I feel like a Thanksgiving turkey that's overdone. I am anxious and ready to have this baby. I want to enjoy my maternity leave and spend time with family for the holidays. Come on, baby Krieger! Come on little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment