So...the house we're building is literally steps away from my school - bonus points! Each day after I leave, I take a short detour to see the progress. Thursday, I noticed little stakes out detailing our house structure for them to dig. I figured out which direction our oversized garage will face, and I even noticed our address spray painted on the electrical unit that was just put in! HOW EXCITING! The plan is to get the foundation poured before the first big snow, so they can just keep working through the winter. Glad it's not me doing the building part -- or Eric for that matter.
We've finally finished the seemingly never-ending 'vendor list'. A 9-month-pregnant lady's worst nightmare. Decision after decision. Who ever looks at door handles? Or grout color? What about all of the choices and options for a washer and a dryer? It's been an interesting few weeks of choosing, changing our minds, and then finally making decisions. For one, I'm not good at choosing anything; I once scoured every store's shower curtain selection before choosing the one -- and I mean every store. So, to have to chose from trim color to which ceiling fan we'd like has been very difficult, but fun!
We're really excited to see the work-in-progress. We're hoping that our decorating sense will turn out to make a really nice looking house. If not, it's our dream anyway! I can't wait for those relaxing nights in our corner whirlpool tub...
It still feels like a dream...
No comments:
Post a Comment