Followers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

'Tis the Season!


I know. It's only November 14th and I'm already excited for Christmas. My rule of thumb each year: if Von Maur has their Christmas decor out, so can I! I also decided I have an even better excuse for my crazy-early-decorating antics - a little baby boy due any day might hinder my gusto for digging out bins, separating each little branch just perfectly on the tree, and vacuuming up the mess (babies take naps, right?!). So, this weekend I decorated for the holidays!

This year looked a little different from previous years. For one, I always waited for the weekend that Eric worked so I could blast Christmas music and make all of the messes and piles I needed. Then, he'd show up from a long day's work to a happy little decorated home. Well, Eric's new job means he doesn't work weekends - YAY! And, it's a good thing, too! He had to help drag out the bins. He also had to pick things up as I dropped them. (This statement sounds simple enough, but lately I drop merely everything I pick up). He also had to bend over to plug in the lights, Once again, poor Eric. I also took lots of breaks. After I decided the tree was just perfect, I poured myself a gigantic glass of chocolate milk and plopped on my favorite spot on the couch. Messy decorations, tree trimmings, and strings of lights were strewn all over my floor...yet I could still plop on the couch and smile. That's never happened before.

Now that Eric spends more nights and weekends home with me, he's learning to enjoy Christmas music as well --- big bonus points for the dad-to-be! I was changing laundry out in the midst of all of the decorating and I heard him singing "Merry Christmas to SUE"...our dog. That's right --- he sang the song to our little Maggie Sue. How adorable! I feel sorry for you, baby Krieger, as your daddy can't carry a tune in a bucket. But, I have a feeling he'll be singing to you!

It also seemed strange that this little apartment that we have called home for almost two years now...will no longer be ours. Next Christmas, we'll be hanging lights on the outside of our new house, decorating the tree in front of a gorgeous window, and will be chasing around an almost one-year-old! Crazy.

After a few hours of Eric screaming through the awful Iowa vs. Northwestern game, blaring Christmas music, and decorating...our little place is ready for the holidays...





...and there are three stockings hanging above the fireplace this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment