Well, we've reached the home stretch. It's November. Your due date is only a few short weeks away. Your dad and I are ready for your arrival any time now. I can't wait to whisper "Happy Birthday, Little Man".
It all started on March 23, 2010. I was on my way to go running and something just didn't feel right. Instead of heading to my gym, my car drove straight to the Walgreen's just across the street. I picked up a pack of three pregnancy tests...assuming I'd need more for the following months. I felt guilty for even thinking I'd already be pregnant; we just started trying. I thought, I'll take one without even telling Eric, and I'm sure it will be negative, and then I'll go run! Well, as soon as the little stick sat on the counter a plus sign appeared. It was right then and there that my life changed.
From that day forward I have dreamed about you. I tried to envision what your little toes would look like. I pondered what being pregnant was going to be like. Your dad calculated a family budget -- the next day after finding out we were pregnant. I worried about everything from juggling working full-time to breastfeeding. Here we are, nine months later, days from your arrival to our world. Absolutely surreal.
Maybe that's why I'm still up at 1 a.m., despite having a week filled with meetings, dinner dates, and parent-teacher conferences.
I have prepared every tiny detail just waiting for you to join us in our life. I've had wonderful showers, amazing baby store shopping sprees, and laundry-filled weekends. I packed my hospital bag months ago...with out any clue to what I would truly need in order to have a successful delivery at the hospital. And, your daddy and I have scoured the baby names book for hints, ideas, and off-the-wall names for months now. Even tonight. We've finally decided on your name.
I can't wait to see your screaming, crying face as you enter our crazy world. I can't wait to read the numbers on the scale they set your naked little body in. I can't wait to change your first diaper --- regardless of what it is I find. I can't wait to sign your birth certificate -- where my name will go under 'mother'. I can't wait to hold you against my chest for the first time and call you mine.
I'm proud to be your mommy already Baby K. You've helped me through a complication-free pregnancy; one of the biggest learning experiences of my life. You have wriggled, squirmed, and kicked me through some really long days. You've helped me to stop and appreciate the little things in life.
I'm ready, little man. We're ready.
Love you,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment