Followers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Give me the PEAS, please!

MMMmmm, peas!

Jack has been eating rice cereal for a few weeks now. What to Expect the First Year suggests waiting until babies are four months before introducing any type of solids. I decided to go against my baby-raising bible when I realized Jack was drooling when I would cook dinner, still hungry after 6 ounces of formula, and almost sitting up on his own at 3 months. I guess some babies do things on their own time, right? So, last week I ventured into homemade baby food --- and Jack got his first try of my creation --- PEAS! He was all smiles after his first few bites.

Baby food is really, really hard for me. I'm such a clean freak. And, feeding a baby mooshy peas is anything but glamorous. If Jack is over his food, he'll do this cry/spit out attack move that covers him and me with baby slobber and food. Yum! I decided I'm going to strip him down to almost nothing and feed him, at least until more food gets into his mouth than on the bib.

It has been fun experimenting with making my own baby food. Why would anyone pay so much for the little packaged baby food when it's cheaper and healthier to make your own? So far I've made homemade baby peas and carrots. I have big plans for the future once we're settled in our house and I have a new kitchen to cook in! Watch out, Gerber!

Thanks for the new grub, Mom!

Get these stinkin' peas of my face...NOW, please?

1 comment: