Followers

Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy 5 Year Anniversary, Eric!



I can't believe how fast time is flying. Today is Eric and my 5 year wedding anniversary. That means we've spent the last 10 years as a couple...crazy! I couldn't imagine life getting any better than it is at this moment, but I'm looking forward to our future together.

At fifteen...

Eric was working as a bus boy at Beck's on weekends. I worked at Hy-Vee as a customer service rep. Eric just got his driver's license and a sweet blue Pontiac Grand Prix. He drove us everywhere for the first six months! Eventually he would teach me how to drive in that car. I still remember going 5 miles per hour trying to figure it all out while he patiently explained blinkers, windshield wipers, and not putting both of my feet on the brakes and accelerator.

At the time, I went to West and Eric went to East. Every single day he picked me up and took me to school...and at the end of the day I could be sure that good ol' blue car would be waiting for me. I would write him notes, which he hated reading, because we could chat about what I wrote as soon as I got in the car. Eric was the truest meaning of reliable and dependable, and not to mention lovable.

We spent our days watching movies, hanging out with friends, playing with Eric's nieces and nephews, and going out to eat -- all things we still love to do now (minus the movie part, there was nothing else better to do back then)!

At 25...

Eric works as a Senior Lender at a local bank, where he works with lending and real estate mortgages. I am an 8th Grade Science teacher in Waukee. We've built our "forever" home in this perfect little suburb that we adore.

Most importantly, we're new parents to our baby(not for long!) Jackson Charles Krieger. He's changed our lives in so many ways, and I cannot imagine what it would be like without him.

We spend our days playing with Jack, spending time with friends and family, and going out to dinner. A typical Saturday usually includes a stroller ride around town with Jack and Maggie, a trip to the grocery store, and a grill-out with friends. You will find both Eric and myself laying in the middle of our living room floor cooing, singing along, and reading to Jack.

It is so crazy to see how lives are so different now then they were before. I am more in love with Eric each day. We've pretty much grown up together, and I can't imagine it being any other way. I am thankful for our carefree days together as we figured out what being a teenager was. I love thinking back to the days of college, late night study sessions, and crappy cars. I am happy right where we are in this little life we've made for ourselves and our family. It's weird to think of ourselves as adults, celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary. I will always remember the beginning, the now, and I will always look forward to our future. Here's to many more, Eric Dean Krieger!

I love you, hub bub,

Love, Fife

No comments:

Post a Comment