Followers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Master Suite Re-do!

Apple Green. That's the name of the paint color swatch I found that would make my master bathroom absolutely perfect. Really?

It didn't take long for me to absolutely hate the color...in fact, before I finished the final coat, I was wondering what had just happened. My wall paint color matched the "frog tape" I used to trim. Some of the responses we've gotten from our many guests (we love guests!) have been:

"It's a really bold choice!"
"I'd never do it, but it looks nice."
"I can't believe you painted it lime green."

All of these say: WHAT THE HECK?! :)

It's not the first time, and it won't be the last, that I paint and repaint a room. Once I get an idea in my head, I go for it. So, Sunday after a busy, busy week and weekend I spent hours at Menard's in an attempt to re-do my master bath. I decided while there that I might as well tackle my master bedroom, too. Why not? My 10-page grad paper was due Tuesday, so this was the perfect distraction.

I came home with bags upon bags filled with lamps, picture frames, paint rollers, and paint in shades of tan and gray.

Here's the BEFORE: (it's almost hard to look at it...)


Here's the AFTER:
Ahh...refreshing! The new-and-improved master bath feels much more relaxing than a hit-you-in-your-face green =). After spending hours in Menard's, I came home with a really light tan paint. After a few sample swatches, I realized it looked a little like a band-aid. And, this time I wasn't going to hate my paint! So, at 7:45 (Menards closes at 8) I was frantically back in the paint aisle. Instead of alabaster, I went with basketweave...and I love it! Finally =)

The next day I was determined to paint the bedroom. The white and empty walls were driving me bonkers...but I vowed to leave that room since no one really sees it. Now, my vision for our bedroom, furniture included, is perfect!

Here's the BEFORE:

Here's the AFTER!
It's painted a light gray all around, and then I painted a dark gray accent wall -- Eric's little input. I think it looks great!

1 comment: