I was just flipping through pictures and stumbled upon a handful of photos from your first moments that I must have skipped over. How adorable is this?
I'll never forget...
...pushing two-and-a-half hours to get your big little body out of mine.
...the doctor saying "It's a boy!"
...your tiny fingers that seemingly instantaneously wrapped around mine.
...this adorable yawn.
...our first hours bonding -- as we learned how to tackle this new life together.
...the sweet little nurse who whispered in my ear "You're one luck girl. You have a beautiful new baby, and one of the best dad's we've ever seen." She came to check on you, even when it wasn't her room to take care of.
...your first bath, your first diaper change, your first toot, your first smile, your first yawn, and your first burp.
...sending you to the nursery because daddy thought we should both get some sleep. Well, he got some sleep. I stared at the clock counting down each minute until you'd be back in my room for your next feeding.
I love you, Jack, and I'll never forget the day you joined our world. By far the best day of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment