TEETH!!!!!
Well...we've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this little milestone in Jack's life: teething. Since he was 2 month old we've watched, felt around, and prepared for little pearly whites in Jack's mouth. A few months later and he's still a mouth full of gums. However, everything has quickly taken a turn for the worse, and we're watching the rough little boogers pop out of his gums a little more each day.
It started with my first day of summer. Jack was happy and content. He can sit for hours, so he easily entertains himself as long as there are lots of toys around him. I wrote a 4 page paper for grad. class before it was due, I finished and put away all the laundry, and I organized cupboards and drawers {my specialty!}. Summer at it's finest. Thursday was my perfect little glimpse into stay-at-home-mommyhood...and it was quite amazing.
Friday rolls along...
....Jack's crying. Jack has a really, really, really runny nose. Jack poops three (which seemed more like a hundred) awful, nasty diapers. Jack's crying some more. Jack naps like ten times in a matter of a few hours...
Where did my perfect summer vacation go? So quickly it was ripped out from underneath me!
The only thing keeping me going, and rocking, and cooing, and entertaining --- it must be teeth. So, I attempt to keep him happy, feed him tylenol every few hours, and hold a teething ring and a pacifier near me at all times. {All of which don't really help much...Jack's still fussy.} But, I can feel the rough edges of two bottom teeth. At least I can blame all of this on teething!
You thought that was the worst of it...think again. One of my good friends was getting married Friday night. And, the wedding was back in Waterloo - a two hour drive. And, Eric had taken too many days off work {for his grandpa's funeral}, so he couldn't come back with me!
So Friday went like this:
Attempting to pack enough for myself and a very unhappy baby.
A juggling act to try and make Jack at least content.
A struggle just to get a few ounces of formula down my normally starving dude.
A 2 hour car ride by myself with a crying, teething baby.
A cram session at Autumn's: I had to get dressed, I fed Jack, we chit-chatted.
A swing into the gas station - because of course I hadn't remembered a card.
Finally, landing at Steph and Nick's wedding. WHEW!
Within minutes Jack was fussy. I stood the entire ceremony -- and I couldn't begin to tell you what the reverend said. I can tell you that Jack highly enjoyed playing with a fake Christmas tree in the back of the room :) Thank goodness for lots of friends and family who held on to Jack, rocked him, and played with him in attempts to entertain him!
Not only am I hating this teething thing...I found a new admiration for single moms! I don't know how you do it :)
Dear Teeth:
We're ready for you. We long for our happy, sleeping, eating, cooing baby you've so quickly taken away from us. I am done driving to all three Walgreen's in the DSM area looking for teething tabs {recommended by expert mommy Mandy!}. And, I'm perfectly okay if you pop up and make your appearance! Thanks so much.
Sincerely,
Jack's Mom
Well...we've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this little milestone in Jack's life: teething. Since he was 2 month old we've watched, felt around, and prepared for little pearly whites in Jack's mouth. A few months later and he's still a mouth full of gums. However, everything has quickly taken a turn for the worse, and we're watching the rough little boogers pop out of his gums a little more each day.
It started with my first day of summer. Jack was happy and content. He can sit for hours, so he easily entertains himself as long as there are lots of toys around him. I wrote a 4 page paper for grad. class before it was due, I finished and put away all the laundry, and I organized cupboards and drawers {my specialty!}. Summer at it's finest. Thursday was my perfect little glimpse into stay-at-home-mommyhood...and it was quite amazing.
Friday rolls along...
....Jack's crying. Jack has a really, really, really runny nose. Jack poops three (which seemed more like a hundred) awful, nasty diapers. Jack's crying some more. Jack naps like ten times in a matter of a few hours...
Where did my perfect summer vacation go? So quickly it was ripped out from underneath me!
The only thing keeping me going, and rocking, and cooing, and entertaining --- it must be teeth. So, I attempt to keep him happy, feed him tylenol every few hours, and hold a teething ring and a pacifier near me at all times. {All of which don't really help much...Jack's still fussy.} But, I can feel the rough edges of two bottom teeth. At least I can blame all of this on teething!
You thought that was the worst of it...think again. One of my good friends was getting married Friday night. And, the wedding was back in Waterloo - a two hour drive. And, Eric had taken too many days off work {for his grandpa's funeral}, so he couldn't come back with me!
So Friday went like this:
Attempting to pack enough for myself and a very unhappy baby.
A juggling act to try and make Jack at least content.
A struggle just to get a few ounces of formula down my normally starving dude.
A 2 hour car ride by myself with a crying, teething baby.
A cram session at Autumn's: I had to get dressed, I fed Jack, we chit-chatted.
A swing into the gas station - because of course I hadn't remembered a card.
Finally, landing at Steph and Nick's wedding. WHEW!
Within minutes Jack was fussy. I stood the entire ceremony -- and I couldn't begin to tell you what the reverend said. I can tell you that Jack highly enjoyed playing with a fake Christmas tree in the back of the room :) Thank goodness for lots of friends and family who held on to Jack, rocked him, and played with him in attempts to entertain him!
Not only am I hating this teething thing...I found a new admiration for single moms! I don't know how you do it :)
Dear Teeth:
We're ready for you. We long for our happy, sleeping, eating, cooing baby you've so quickly taken away from us. I am done driving to all three Walgreen's in the DSM area looking for teething tabs {recommended by expert mommy Mandy!}. And, I'm perfectly okay if you pop up and make your appearance! Thanks so much.
Sincerely,
Jack's Mom
{Maybe this will help my gums feel better?}
{Or maybe this?}
{How about I try this?}
{Or possibly this frozen cube of applesauce in a net will help?}
No comments:
Post a Comment