It really wasn't hard to get us packed for the pool. All I needed was a towel, and I basically packed a 'waterproof' diaper bag of sorts for Jack's things. When we first got there, I went straight for the water. It was ABSOLUTELY freezing. My first step in took my breath away; I was scared for Jack's reaction. Slowly, we made it to the point where his little feet were in the water, too.
Jack's reaction? A big, huge sigh, a squinty "biz face" as we always see, and then a big ol' smile as he started splashing away! He almost fell out of my arms because I think he thought it was a giant bathtub and he was ready to play! He absolutely had a blast in the water. I put him on his little bumble bee float and we floated, splashed, kicked, and giggled for almost a half-an-hour.
After that, Jack played with some toys on the chair while I just relaxed and enjoyed the sun. Eventually he fell right asleep, and we spent more than 2 hours just hanging out.
I was pretty proud of my sunblock/baby covering up skills, as I got a little burnt, and Jack looked just like before - white as Casper the ghost.
It now feels like summer has begun. All those days in the pool with a little "baby Krieger" in my belly must have paid off. Once a fish, always a fish.
It also feels a little more like summer because our sod has grown roots and is more like real grass everyday =) After a stroll through Valley Junction Farmer's Market yesterday, we plopped our happy little Jack in the grass when we got home. He fiddled, pulled, and chewed on grass for what seemed like forever! Who needs toys when you have grass. The neighbors came and chatted and we enjoyed a wind-less evening outdoors. (We live way out in the "middle of nowhere" for now, until more houses are built in the development, so it's really windy here!)
He could have sat and played for hours!
He's looking up because the sprinkler got him! =)
I am excited for bonfires with friends and neighbors -- we love our neighbors already! I can't wait for more sun shiny days at the pool with Jack's buddy, Quinn. I can't wait for these wonderful summer days when we stay in pajamas until lunchtime, snuggle for an afternoon nap, and do nothing but enjoy our time together.
Cheers to summer everyone! Glad I'm a teacher =)
A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. ~James Dent
No comments:
Post a Comment