Followers

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Adventures in Baby Food


As Jack gets older {again, GASP!} we're trying new things each day. Today was Jack's first attempt at a little pasta dish -- which was just extra bowtie noodles extra cooked and cut into smaller pieces coupled with some tomato sauce. Oh, and don't forget peas. Sounds delicious, right? Not! But, it's the perfect meal for a baby learning how to grab and eat his food.

There have been a lot of "new" adventures in what Jack eats:
-We stirred together tiny helpings of rice cereal.
-We transitioned from breast milk to a million different formulas.
-We added pureed peas, carrots, and applesauce to the mix.
-Gerber Puffs became the newest addition to my diaper bag.
-Cheerios, goldfish, and mandarin oranges covered the highchair tray.
-Now we're onto pasta dishes, whole peas, halved grapes, and much, much more!

The following pictures attempt to show the hilarious display of Jack's eating adventures. He makes the silliest sounds and faces when trying something new! Eric and I just laugh and laugh as he figures out new foods, tastes, and textures.


Check out my two teeth...

This is the look of determination...I can get that pea!

Maybe if I stick my whole hand in...

One more pea...

Yum! Success =)


Oh, and I'm really hoping the whole-hand-in-my-mouth in attempt to eat will be something Jack grows out of? If not, eating in the school lunch room someday might get interesting... =)

{I've decided that many of my pictures of Jack are of him eating. I think this happens because Jack is happy and content in his high chair - which gives me free hands for snapping photo after photo!}

No comments:

Post a Comment