On another note...Jacks a-crawlin' folks! We've ventured into this "go baby" stage and it's very hilarious and scary at the same time.
In a matter of days I've learned a TON about baby-proofing my house. A few lessons:
1. Jack doesn't just sit in the middle of the bed and quietly play with toys as I get ready in the morning. We almost had our first fall-off-the-bed accident at 8 months! I gladly caught him and we giggled and snuggled in relief.
2. Cords, wires, sharp edges, and furniture are Jack's new favorite toys. He sees something he's interested in, boogies his way over there {grunting all the way as if it's the toughest job to make it two feet} and then shoves whatever he shouldn't be playing with in his mouth! I had NO idea babies chewed on FURNITURE?! Yes, wood furniture. I guess I'm going to need some plastic covers for his crib, changer table, and the whole house. I see it now...a house wrapped in baby-proof plastic =)
3. Take my eye of Jack for a few minutes and what happens? He's into something he shouldn't be, or he's crawled to a place where he's getting in trouble. I thought the saying goes "terrible twos"? Maybe they should rename to the "terrible crawls".
He's almost pulling himself up on furniture -- he can do it in his crib so far. Jack's also VERY interested in walking and standing up, still with help of course. I know some moms get really sad when their baby 'grows up too fast'. I am very sad, however, I love kids so much that I'm really excited for walking and talking. I have a strange feeling Jack will be one of those kids that asks "WHAT?" or "WHY, Mom?" all the time, and I can't wait!
What's under here?
Wires? I think I like wires!
What's this?
No comments:
Post a Comment