Three nights sleeping in a tiny queen-sized hotel bed.
Two days of adventures in the 3rd largest city in the U.S.
One mini-vacation --- to Chicago!
Eric has never, ever taken an entire week off work. Well, his new job requires a consecutive 5 days of work off each year {score}! And, my sister was dying for some time with her little booger man. So, we decided we'd tackle Chicago for a few days.
I was sick-to-my-stomach about leaving Jack for three nights. I worried Eric and I had forgotten how to spend time just us. I was thought that we were too used to our safe neighborhood and would absolutely hate Chicago. Well, we had a blast! In a matter of days, we pretty much saw everything you should see in Chicago, and more! Best of all...we enjoyed our together time. We reminisced about when we were teens, chit-chatted about life before Jack, and spent most of the time missing our booger dude. But we made it!
Chicago:
Holy huge...and to think I was at the top?! Willis (Sears) Tower
Eric and I had an amazing mini-vacation to Chicago. My sister did a great job taking care of our big man. I am thankful for our time away...which made me even more grateful of my time at home. I realized I missed a lot while away:
Jack's gigantic slobbers and his giant squeezy hugs when he first wakes up.
Our big, fluffy, white towels.
Our king-sized bed -- genius!
Maggie Suester Doggie
Waukee
Our kitchen -- we ate out every meal, and I missed home cookin'!
Big, open highways that I can drive my car on
And...again...most of all -- Jack!
No comments:
Post a Comment