Followers

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dear Jack,

You just woke up screaming from what your Dad and I think was a baby nightmare. I went in your room to pick you up and as soon as you were in my arms you snuggled, squeezed, and let out an adorable little **sigh**. Within seconds you were fast asleep in baby dreamland. I plopped you in your comfy spot in your crib with your Mr. Snuggles and blankie, and kissed your forehead. As always, a soft "Goodnight, Jack. I love you" followed.

You make life so fun and exciting. You grow and change everyday. Yesterday was your first grab-and-get-in-your-mouth day with Cheerios. As you got one out of twenty Cheerios in your mouth - we cheered! It was hard to not laugh at the cheerios that surrounded you and the half-eaten smooshed ones that covered you from head to toe. I don't mind that you get messy -- you're a boy after all. I'm slowly preparing myself for future skinned knees and grass-stained clothes.

Please, please don't ever give up your love for snuggling. Your daddy is a huge snuggler, and I'm hoping you also inherited that trait from him. Everyday, when you're sleepy, you rest your little head on my shoulder and squeeze with both hands around my neck. Sometimes, I even get a big, slobbery "kiss". After being gone for the night, my snuggle from you was extra long and it made my day. Your little hugs always make my day.

Last night was your first experience with fireworks. You were such a good little man. You rode along in the stroller, checked out people, and held your own bottle. When the fireworks show started, you slowly closed your eyes after each little boom. After a few minutes, you were brave enough to watch...but then slowly fell asleep on my shoulder. Good job, buddy! I'm glad the loud noises didn't bother you. A Josh Groban song started playing during the end of the show. Just for a moment, everything felt perfect. You sleeping on my shoulder, your daddy with his arm around me, and the words "You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains" gave me goosebumps. I love our little family. I love you, Jack.

I promise to be the best mom I can be. I will kiss your owies, laugh at your every little milestone, and read to you everyday. I won't go crazy when my living room floor is covered in toys and squished cheerios.

I can't wait to see you crawl.
I can't wait to watch you walk.
I can't wait to hear you say Mom.
I can't wait for our future as a family together.

I love you, baby Jack, with all of my heart.

Love, Mommy

You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be...
Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up

No comments:

Post a Comment