Why am I so compelled by these strange people? Why can I, the person who absolutely hates sitting down and watching t.v., stare and watch episode after episode of these strangers? I'm obsessed.
It leads me to think: is there an opposite of hoarding?
Instead of keeping things, I absolutely love getting rid of things. You can guarantee that on Friday - garbage day - our garbage can AND recycling bins are filled. In our old apartment we had dumpsters and oh man I loved them. In fact, I still visit those dumpsters if I am feeling in an overly-get-rid-of mood and my garbage is filled already.
Is this normal? =)
As I watch these strange people with houses filled with clutter, dolls, feces, dust, and dirt I'm absolutely disgusted. I'm inspired. And, I throw more away.
I also clean like crazy.
This morning, I put Jack by my side in his Bumbo seat, threw my hair back in a ponytail, and I blasted my iTunes. I cleaned every inch of my fridge, wiped every non-existent smudge of my stainless steel appliances, and cleaned and re-cleaned every mirror. I scrubbed all three toilets (one huge downfall to having so many bathrooms!), wiped down every sparkling inch of my countertops, and dusted everything. By the way, new construction homes are filled with dust - my biggest enemy! Tonight, as Eric napped on the couch, I shop-vac'd the edges of our carpet, our stairs, and every rug in our house. {Everyone told me I'd give up on my clean house after kids...they were oh so wrong}
Well, I'm going to diagnose myself with: Gnidraoh, the opposite of hoarding. Instead of keeping, I get rid of. Instead of being unorganized, I alphabetize my canned goods. Instead of living in filth, I live in sparkling clean. And...if you ask me...I'd much rather have Gnidraoh than Hoarding. =)
Cheers to all you fellow clean freaks out there!
Ahh....fresh vacuum lines =)
These are my best friends in cleaning. Must buys!
Nothing better than a sparkling clean fridge...
And, I have the cutest little cleaning buddy around!
Another episode is starting...it must be a marathon. Yes!
No comments:
Post a Comment