Followers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The best gifts of all...

1. Time with Eric.
Eric and I had a wonderful date night on Saturday. My cousin, who's mom is our daycare provider, offered to watch Jack overnight! We dropped him off after his afternoon nap and were baby-free for the rest of the night!

I know, you're excited to hear about our wild, crazy adventures...here goes.

Jordan Creek shopping madness:
Pottery Barn Kids secret Santa gift, check. Pandora charm for my aunt, check. Bath and Body Works secret Santa gift items, check. Shopping without a stroller or squirmy baby/toddler - priceless!

Bravo Italiana:
We split an amazing salad, dined over lots of conversations about more than just Jack, and dug our forks into the world's biggest meatballs I swear. MMmmm.

Tonic Sol Fa:
Eric surprised me with tickets to this amazing acapella group. We held hands on our way into the beautiful, tucked-behind-the-big-city Hoyt Sherman Place Theater. It was definitely worth seeing!

Downtown:
We stopped by Sbrocco {a wine bar} for a glass of wine. After, we marched over to Heroes -- more of a "going out" bar. We lasted a few sips of our beers before laughing at the crazy, drunken dancing and left. Man, we're old. Then, we stopped by Fong's! A Chinese/pizza place. Weird combination, I know. We shared the Kung Pao pizza, and we were on our way.

Home by 11:30.

Picked up Jack by 8:30 Sunday morning.

Exciting adventures? I'd say so! It was nice to chat over dinner without having to make bite-sized pieces for Jack. It was great to hold hands and just enjoy each other's company. It was nice that we both agreed it was bedtime at 11:30...

2. Jack.
Time away makes me realize just how much I love this little guy...
..and we have way too many toys. Santa, take it easy this year!

3. Camera!
I just love my camera.

Best. gift. ever.

A little bubble bath to end our nightly routine...
Hey little duckie...
Hey, Mom...what's this?


I. love. baths.


4. Winter break. A whole week-and-a-half to spend with Jack, Eric, and the best family and friends around.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment