Followers

Monday, December 12, 2011

What's New?

Christmas cards sent -- check. I sent out more than 70 cards this year! Phew! We have a lot of people we love.

Pinterest is SO addicting...

Jack is so much fun right now! He walks ALL around, plays with his toys, and absolutely totally loves to snuggle. This week, he's a total Momma's boy -- he cries when Daddy takes him from me. :)
{Jack taunting Maggie with HER toy!}

{He loves his "gak, gak, gaks!" BOOKS!}

We had his 12 month check up. He's "thinned out" according to the doctor. Something I definitely don't see! He's 95% on the charts for height, and 45% for weight --- so a tall and skinny little man. I am wondering if he'll get the height side of my family? The doctor was amazed at his walking and talking. She said he acts more like a 15-month-old, and gave us some 18-month skills to work on (holding a spoon while eating, stacking blocks, colors, etc.) She asked for his vocab, and I told her "mama", "dada", "gak" (book) and "aaappplle" for apple. She said "are you sure he can say apple?" and before she finished Jack looked up and yelled "aaaaaappple". She was amazed! The poor guy had lots of shots and blood drawn though. He was settled down with his very first sucker -- which he LOVED. He's a sugar addict. He doesn't ever get sweets and junk food, so when he does...he chows down.
{He doesn't remember that he just got THREE shots and his finger pricked}


Class is OVER...for a month anyways.

It's such a relief to not have to worry about 50+ page readings, 3-5 page papers, and giant assignments for the next MONTH! No Wednesday classes until 10 pm, and no wasting my Saturdays in class. The cohort I'm in is way fun though. It helps to spend all this time away from my family with some funny people!

Maggie got a new haircut. She looks so cute! We finally found a groomer here in Waukee that isn't booked up into the new year. It's nice to call and get her right in.

We're thinking about finishing our basement soon. We've accrued quite the collection of toys -- and I refuse to let my living space turn into a crayola box of pukey bright colors. Solution? Finished basement family room with toy storage! We plan on finishing an extra bedroom and bathroom, as well as a big, comfy family room. Eric wants to do it himself. SCARY! If you know anything about Eric...he's the least handiest person I know. BIG time. I am hoping he caves and hires a friend to do it...

I got a new camera lens for Christmas - early.

It's a Nikkor-AF-s f1.8 50mm lens (for any of you camera users out there). Basically, I can get close to Jack and blur the background -- which is exactly why I wanted a nice camera in the first place. It's nice because its really pretty easy to use...and now ALL of our photos look professional. It's so hard to choose which one's I like.

Here's some crafty photos of our tree and ornaments:


Eric and I have a date night planned for Saturday night. It's been awhile for just the two of us to head out together...and my cousin is hanging out with Jack for the night. We're so excited! We'll probably get home early and watch the clock for when we get Jack back :) We'll try!

That's all, folks! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment