Followers

Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear Jack,

It's been awhile since I've written you. It was so easy to do when you were just a little rumbling in my tummy long ago. Now, I tell you all the time just how much I love you.

Right now, you're stealing our hearts with your booty bump, your shuffling feet, and your giant smirk when you know you're in trouble. You walk around and talk and sing - no matter who's in the room to hear. When you fill your diaper with some awfully stinky stuff, you find your way near me as if to tell me -- change me, Mom! Can't you smell it? Adorable.

You fell down the stairs the other day. You've been so brave going up and down. Finally, you discovered that if you throw your toys down, you can play fetch with yourself. Well, the stairs won. BUT...you're not afraid of them and are still trying to play your game of fetch. Good thing I was gone at class or I might have cried with you. Boys will be boys I guess...

You absolutely love teeth. I know, weird. You play with yours, dig through my lips to find mine. You do this little excited shake when we hand you your little toothbrush...and you even do a "brush, brush, brush" motion in your mouth when we ask. Maybe someday you'll be a dentist?

I hope you grow up to love our family -- for what it is. You have lots and lots of "aunts". All of my friends who have grown up with you as if you are their own. Eric's family who loved you before we even had you. And, lots of fill-in grandmas who love to hang out with you. I hope you're not sad that you'll never know some of your family on my side -- my mom included. I'm hoping that it's easy for you since you'll never know any different...

We're working to make our life as happy as can be. And, although it may never be perfect, your dad and I will try our best. I can promise you one thing: you will grow up knowing this house is your home.

I cried on your birthday, bud. I know...sappy mom. It was so surreal to believe that it had already been a whole year since the day we met you. My little baby wasn't so much of a baby anymore...

I hope you continue to grow and thrive. I hope you still have a love for reading when you make it to school someday. I hope you never, ever, ever stop snuggling your momma. Ever.

I love you to the moon and back, Jack.

You are my whole world wrapped up into a tiny bundle of Gap fleece with a snotty nose.

Love,
Momma
"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in our hearts."

No comments:

Post a Comment