Followers

Monday, August 20, 2012

8 Weeks!

It's my first blog about baby #2!

First thoughts:
1.  My body knows JUST what to do this time around.  Hello, stretchy maternity capris already!
2.  My boobs are growing out of control.  Enough said.
3.  Seeing that plus sign on our pregnancy test has to top as one of the best moments. So unforgettable!
4.  Most prenatal vitamins contain propelene glycol.  Google it.  BAD DEAL for this girl.   Lesson learned after four months of being sick.
5.  Timing is SO everything.  Due date:  March 2nd, 2013.  Hello, nearly 6 month maternity leave this time!  Hello, final grad. class in February.  Gender reveal around Halloween, perfect giant pregnant belly for Christmas goodies, and my school year ends in March.  Oh, and Jack will have recently turned two.  We'll throw him a sweet little party as a family of three before his real present arrives...

How far along: 8 weeks and a few days

Food cravings/aversions:  I love sugar.  Sweets.  Candy.  Pop.  It's funny how pregnancies can turn out to be SO very different.  However, I'm definitely not hungry very often.  I can promise you when I am, I'm eating something containing sugar!!

Changes/feelings:  I am SO relieved.   We had our 8 week appointment with ultrasound.  Instantly we saw our little bean with a strong heartbeat at 174 beats per minute.  For the last five weeks I've been waiting, wondering, and worrying.  After our appointment I felt pregnant for real this time.

Memorable moment this week:  Hearing little baby Krieger #2's heartbeat.  He/she looks like a little amphibian in there.. :)  Melts my heart to know that little froggie is in there growing away.

Least favorite moment this week: Pukey McPukester.  I am so, so, so very sick this time around.  About 5 weeks in I started getting nauseated.  Every once and a while I lose my lunch, and it's not fun.  This morning (why in the world don't they call it all day?!) sickness is for the birds.

What I am looking forward to:  Getting through the first trimester and being able to shout it from my rooftop that we're having a baby!  I am not good at secrets and it's hard for me not to tell everyone and everything about our exciting news.  Soon enough, right? :)

We're so excited for our journey as a family of four.  We're blessed.  Here's to another happy, healthy pregnancy with one of the greatest gifts at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment