...until I had a toddler.
1. My house will never be spotless. Clean, yes. Spotless? Not until Jack moves out...or at least stops dragging his little, tiny, covered-in-either-spaghetti-or-boogers hands along the walls. Today, I was heading down our stairs and I noticed about one hundred little hand prints lining the stairwell. Hmmm, do I was or paint?! :)
2. Timing is everything. Will he make it through this car ride? Is he going to be good at the pool today? Will he sit through this dinner without screaming/throwing food? The one question: what time is it?!?! If it's nap time, the answer is N.O. If it's close to bed time, NO. Don't mess with Jack and his sleep.
3. Toddler babbles are SO easy to decipher when it's your own kiddo. I remember babysitting for so many kids when I was younger. I never understood the babble. Now I get it. "Naaakkkknnn". Oh, sorry Jack you want your napkin? "Poo" depending on facial expression either stands for poop or pool. It's easy to tell which one it is :) The list of these goes on and on. I just love when he talks!
4. Sweatpants. If I were truly a stay-at-home-mom, and not just a pretend one for the summer, I'd live in sweatpants. I actually miss regular clothes, but who needs those when you're on the floor, up and down, and all around with Jack?! Not me.
5. When in doubt, hand him the little snack pack Ritz Crackers cup (that costs $1!!!!). Works every time.
6. Elmo is diverse. I love that there are all different kinds of people and characters on there. And, word on the street is.. :) Who knew I'd watch so many kid shows?
7. Whatever you think your little will love to play with...will end up in the corner. A little pot with a spoon and a pretend tomato is all Jack needs to have a good time. He's going to be a chef. Or, a box of crayons. He won't color with them, he will just take them out of the box, put them in the box, repeat. And/or color on everything except his Elmo coloring book.
Even after 20 months of being Jack's momma, I'm still learning everyday! Toddlers are not easy to predict, but they sure are fun to hang out with. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment