Followers

Monday, August 13, 2012

Girls...

You know those times where you stay up until the wee hours of the morning...without even glancing at the clock to realize it?  When you laugh so hard because you bring out some of the most embarrassing stories that only your very best friends even remember?  And, when you lay down away from home thinking about how good you really do have it?  That was my weekend.

After about an hour of driving, I picked up Lexie (after we found the perfect place to "store" her car for the weekend -- sorry gas station for the temporary resident =).  Then, it was four hours in the car with my dweebs.  We talk, literally, every second that we're together.  We got stuck in a Minnesota traffic jam...at a stand still.  Lexie says "Come on, let's roll down the windows and jam!"  So, we did just that.  A little "bottoms up" and "taffy taffy" {thanks Rap and Hip Hop of 2000 from Pandora!} karaoke was quite the show for the cars around us.  We laughed until we cried, as usual.

Autumn just moved to the Miniapple (actually Bloomington, MN -- literally up the street from the Mall of America and IKEA).  Double score.

We stayed up late.  Past midnight both nights...which is way out of the ordinary for this momma.  We chatted about boys, high school, shopping, weddings, babies, careers and everything in between.  There isn't a stone unturned when the three of us are together.

The next day, we scored the 99 cent breakfast at IKEA.  Then, we filled not one, but two giant carts with goodies for our houses and apartments.  Later, we walked to the MOA, and finished off our night with some fancy italian and Ciao Bella.  Oh, I can't forget the Nikon timer-set pretend photo shoot before dinner.  It took like ten tries to get one good picture. Oh, and then we ended up with giant scoops of ice cream at a local ice cream shop.  We got totally different ice cream cones...but man were they good. It was literally the perfect girls weekend.



 
When I'm out of town with my girls...it helps me to realize the happy things in my life.  I am taken away from poopy diapers and nap schedules.  I am left to laugh and reminisce, and remember that there was a Jenni who wasn't a mom.  I totally miss Eric and Jack, but I enjoy having the nights away to make me appreciate everything about my little family.

I am so very thankful for my friends....who really are my family.  Jack has lots of aunts. :)  I know just who to send my cute new video of Jack dancing to the Iowa fight song to.  I know just who adores getting a picture of him swinging at the park next door.  And, I just love that from middle school to middle age I will have these girls in my life.

Now if only I could get them to Waukee...we do have a really great mall nearby...






 This is my "Autumn is hungry" face.  Watch out when she's hungry.  Or, be sure to carry a Snickers in your purse...
Love you, girls! =)  

"Together forever, never apart.  

Maybe in distance, but never in heart."



No comments:

Post a Comment