Followers

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dear Jack,

You are my favorite.  From your cheesy smile, to your mumbles that only I can decipher...you make every day at home this summer so much fun.

Yesterday, you were kicking around a soccer ball.  I said, "Man, you're going to be good at soccer someday, Jack!"  You, intrigued, responded with a pointed finger and "uuuuuckeeer", as if I had just said the magic word.  How could I not give you a sucker after that?  Call me a sucker.

Our big man.  You eat cereal with milk like a champ, walk up the stairs like a big man, and you even sleep in a regular sized bunk bed all night long.  We decorated your room in vintage cars and you spend so much time in there now.  From your scribbles on your easel with "talk" (chalk), to the smooches you give each. and. every. stuffed. animal as you take them off your toy box, you melt my heart.

I love when you blow me kisses, even though you just kiss your hand.  I love when I ask you what sound an elephant makes, as you roar and do a silly little hand motion that's so wrong, but to you it's so right.  I love that I have to count each of your toes...and at the end you throw a big "puuuuuh!" to tell me they stink.

Every night, daddy gives you a bath.  We put your jams on, and you two men head upstairs.  Every single night, Daddy reads you Goodnight Moon.  You're usually requesting "moo miii mooon" by 6 pm, but we drag you along usually until 7.  By the end, you're yawning and falling fast asleep, just like clockwork.  Around 6:30 or 7, you climb out of your bed, open your door, grab a few snugglies and your blankie, and head straight for my side of the bed.  My. favorite. part. of. my. day.
 
You know some letters already, too!  We taught you letter 'o' in the bathtub, and you walk around searching for 'o's.  You also know j, e, and sometimes a.  So stinkin' smart.  We  found this little time out chair at an antique store shopping for your big kid room.  You go along with your pointing finger "saying" each letter.  When you get to 'o', man, you shout it out! 

Jack, you've brightened my life.  I love hearing you sing, I love watching you scowl your eyebrows as you've done since the first day I met you...as if you're soaking in the world around you.  I love when you reach for my hand and grasp my fingers just like you did for the first time, still, at 20 months.  You continue to amaze me; I'm so proud to be your momma.  Just as I do now and forever, I love you to the moon and back.


Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment