Followers

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Interesting weekend...

A week or so ago we had big plans.  Our friends were coming down from the loo, and a group of us were going downtown Des Moines for a much needed night out...or so we thought.

Friday:  my friend's house was broken in to.  Afraid it would happen when they were visiting, they stayed in Waterloo.  Eric was sick with a fever, chills, and more..

Saturday:  our other friend's daughter was sick with the flu.  That left just Eric and me.  Well, we had my cousin babysitting Jack overnight, so we decided to just roll with it.  Biaggi's for my favorite Farfale Alfredo pasta and some relaxing not-feeding-my-toddler dinner chats.  We were then off to the movies!  Wait, a text from my cousin said Jack just puked all over.  Oh, great.

Needless to say, that weekend wasn't meant to be.

Puking toddlers.  WAAAaaaay different than baby puke.  It's not easy.  It's gross.

So, we run to get Jack, drive him home in a fabric-less carseat (which looked awfully interesting, who knew all of the pieces came off?  Thank goodness) and snuggle him on the couch.  My favorite part of the whole weekend were all of the extra snuggles from my sick man.

LEAST FAVORITE MOM MOMENT OF ALL TIME (well, so far.):

Jack starts to puke again.  {Tell me why I gave my sick little man HOT DOGS and CHEESE PUFFS for dinner?  Gross with a capital G.}  Eric hangs him out as far as his arms could reach and said "Honey, I can't do it, this is nasty!"  So I grab my little pukey boy.  I put him over my shoulder and say "It's okay buddy, get it all out." as calm as I can...thinking the whole time I am going to throw up.  I am going to throw up.  We get him into the tub, my clothes sans hot dogs into the wash, and Jack and I snuggled some more {with a towel this time.} 

***Love how even though he's sicker than a dog, he still smiles for the camera.  CHEESER!***

He woke up normal and happy as can be.  Thank goodness!  We all ended up with the bug.  Even our little dog Maggie had the pukes.  Nasty deal, anyway!  I was glad it happened BEFORE school started.

Kid pukes on mom, check.  Another mom moment for the record books!  I can't believe I held in my Biaggi's the whole time, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment