Followers

Friday, November 26, 2010

And we're still counting down...


I promised myself that I would save my Christmas shopping for after baby. That, however, was when I was wishful thinking that he'd come a little early. As the days winded down, I realized it might be stressful to be Christmas shopping mid December --- when I usually have it all done before Thanksgiving! So, I went shopping :) I've only picked up a few gifts so far. My plan was: Christmas shopping will be my excuse to get baby and me out of the house! I don't want to be stuck at home in sweatpants my entire maternity leave. I want to show off our little man while walking, shopping, and getting myself back to me!

Bending over, cutting, taping, putting on ribbon, and all of the other tasks of wrapping presents was much more interesting this year for sure! My big ol' belly got in the way of most of it, but I am not at all concerned with squishing the baby at this point; he's sure to come out if I squish enough, right?! I managed to still wrap in my famous style for this year! Can't wait to finish up and fill below the Christmas tree.

I also bought to reams of yarn just for fun...and I'm actually halfway finished with a baby blanket! Who knows if we'll actually use it; it's kept me busy at least. Eric and I have been renting movie after movie. Crocheting while watching has actually kept me interested in staying put to watch an entire movie or two.


Things that make me comfortable in these miserable last few days:

Eric - he helps me up, waits on me hand and foot, and is amazing...
Bubble Baths - I take a few a day...
Hot cocoa - with two chocolate packets and a handful of marshmallows...
Baby lotion - for my itchy skin; it also reminds me of what's coming soon...
Crocheting - keeps my mind off waiting...
Car rides - each bump I feel a little bit closer to having a baby...
Tylenol - I've got a wonderful cold and Tylenol helps...

As of today, we have three days until baby Krieger's due date. I think that 5% of babies are actually born on their 'due date', so I'm guessing it won't be the day. I'm hoping, however, that he doesn't wait too much long after. As each day passes I realize how different life is going to be. I can't wait to spend my days cuddling with my little man. I am so looking forward to putting together his adorable little outfits. I'm actually looking forward to making messes so I can clean them up...crazy I know! I'm excited for comments about baby, rather than belly. I'm excited to be able to travel more than 10 minutes away from Des Moines and see friends and families for the holidays. I'm hoping the next blog post will be filled with pictures from the hospital of our baby boy!

1 comment:

  1. lol, look at you crocheting! i am so proud of my sis, hey... now you get why i do it, so i can sit through the movies, tv shows, and games without being bored!

    ReplyDelete