I am 39 weeks and one day pregnant...just 6 days to go!
The waiting game is here. We've been preparing, folding, decorating, rearranging, practicing and getting ready for our little man. Eric and I have spent the past few weekends getting in some "us" time before that time is long gone. We've been on little shopping sprees for final touches and last little items. We have also visited many of the restaurants we always love...since my love for cooking has since been replaced by tired feet and an achy back.
I'm officially on maternity leave as of yesterday. I decided to take my two personal days for this week (since the kiddos only go to school Monday and Tuesday in my district) and allow my long-term sub to plan for the day he'd start. It's been relaxing, and I'm finding I can get a lot more cleaning and organizing done! I just hope this little man comes soon...or I'll run out of things to do. I do miss working though...I'm sure that will change when the little baby is entertaining me!
Every night I go to bed thinking maybe I'll wake up to my water broken or to strong contractions that will send us packing for the hospital. Every morning I wake up to my reality - no. Eric says each day, "Well, we're one day closer to having a baby at least!" He's such a trooper. He's also been supportive by going to all of my doctors appointments; lovely times we get to spend together as they check my cervix for dilation and effacement. At my last appointment I was dilated to 3 cm and 80% effaced. The doc said she was sure I'd deliver within the week. Well, here we are scheduled for yet another doctors appointment this afternoon. She was wrong.
Yesterday, we made a trip to Hobby Lobby. I decided I needed a hobby to entertain me during these last few days, and possibly during the long hours we'll spend soon at the hospital. I picked out two rolls of yarn and a crochet hook. $8.00 total. What an awesome hobby! I started crocheting a baby blanket...and at the pace I'm going, it will be finished before this baby arrives.
Things I've learned in these last few weeks of being pregnant...
...buy lots to drink while grocery shopping. I can't get enough to drink! Some days apple juice, others water, and more often than not chocolate milk.
...take the expert mommy advice of don't buy too much 0-3 months clothes lightly; Eric and I pulled out all we had from newborn-3 months and realized we had three random onesies and 3 non-matching pairs of sweatpants. Total. Baby K shopping spree ensued!
...three hours of sleep at one time is a success.
...every ache, pain, or cramp feels like "this is it". And...it's not.
...thoughts of baby, diapers, breastfeeding and pumping, and swaddling in blankies are forever in my brain.
...thoughts of only having one baby, or possibly adopting are not out of the picture.
...I smile when I think of tanning beds, treadmills, and a frosty bottle of wine. So close!
...deciding on what name we really want to name this baby has been one of the most difficult decisions ever! I've known what I want to name him forever...and we keep changing our minds. Then, we usually come back to what we've planned from the beginning. Who knows!
...Baby Krieger is comfortable. I'm not thankful to be pregnant still, but I am happy that he is probably chubby and healthy. I've carried full-term, so the chance of a little tiny baby in the NICU is probably not our reality - thank goodness!
...be patient.
We're waiting, baby Krieger. Come out, come out, wherever you are! Pretty please...
Love you,
Mom
Jenni- I'm so excited for you. Let me know when you guys want a night out. You will do great!
ReplyDelete