Followers

Monday, August 6, 2012

Big Dude Room


{Gasp}.

My big man is in his big boy room.  

Sleeping soundly in his twin-sized bunk.  
Climbing down and out in the morning and opening his own door when he wakes up.  
Playing, drawing, stacking blocks, and reading...well more like toddler mumbles.  To him he's reading.

I found Jack's new PB quilt and we went a little crazy at IKEA awhile back.  We found the perfect bunk bed and rolled with it.  With a vintage car theme in mind, I was off to decorate his new space.

We decided to move his actual room to our spare.  It's a little bigger, further away from our room, and has a smaller closet than the other room.  As a boy, he really doesn't need a ton of space for clothes.  Surprisingly, Jack actually loves his new little space more than his nursery.

My goal:  to have the best little playroom/bedroom for a toddler!  I want to be the house that his friends love to be at.  Having a bunk bed will hopefully cement that (along with all of my snacks and baking that will come, too!)  It's filled with jack-friendly stuff:  a toy box, a reading nook filled with his fav books, a chalkboard/easel, a tiny, toddler-sized table complete with crayons, markers, and Elmo coloring books, and more.

I can honestly say I had never walked into an antique store until just recently.  I was skeptical of going...but it was a blast!  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are antiques, don't you know?  It sure made me feel old to find MY toys from when I was little in the nooks of the antique store.  We searched and searched for vintage car collectibles.  I wandered around looking for the perfect statement piece when I stumbled across this USA tin wall hanging.  It. was. perfect.  Then, I found the vintage truck, some old apple crates, and some old license plates.  I paired all of the old things with new, fun, rustic-y pine kid toys and shelves (giving our house a nice, different look...as compared to all of our chocolate brown/black furniture everywhere else!)  I couldn't be more happy with the turn out.  


And, turns out, Jack slept from 7 pm - 6:30 am the first night.  No falls, no waking up being scared, or anything!  He is such a big boy.
 
And, here's a few of our "getting the room ready" pictures.   You can tell he loved it before it was even finished!  He poses like a little Baby Gap model now, cheese and all.

Hmmmm....open it so I can see the sun!



1 comment: