Followers

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy 4 Months Baby Kate!

Weight:  14.5 pounds(ish).  She's getting chubby but is still a wee little one.  She recently was only at the 18% for height and weight.  Her head, however, was in the 90s.  She's got brains, my little one.

Diaper Size:  Size 2.  Blow-outs occur every. single. day.   We're using up our last box of Pampers Swaddlers and are headed straight into up and ups {and I'm hoping the blow outs subside?!}.  Kate is a one-poop-a-day kind of gal.  She makes this terribly recognizable face and squeezes nearly every muscle in her body to get one big, giant, yellow poo.  Even if I catch it right away it gets on her clothes, up her back, you get my drift. :)  She's my pooper trooper.  Her smile right after is priceless, however.

Clothes Size:  6 months and some 9 months.  Growing fast!  She has so many clothes its ridiculous...however....I still think she needs more?!  Please tell me this will stop?  Still ridiculously obsessed with Carters. I throw in a little Ralph Lauren or Old Navy if I'm feeling like it's a fancy kind of day.  However, Kate even prefers her comfy Carters fabric over the scratchy denim.

Sleep:  Kate is a tremendous sleeper!  We put her down around 8, usually before.  She sleeps until 5 or 6...goes right back to bed after a bottle...and sleeps until 8-9 and sometimes 10.  That's a lot of sleep at night!  Then, she takes a big afternoon nap with her bro.  Love my little sleepers!

Favorite Activities/things:  toys, bouncy chairs {finally!}, being outside, napping, snuggling with momma.


Eating:  Adventures in baby food round two begins!  It is funny -- I was a baby food cooking/smashing/blending/freezing queen with Jack, however, I completely forget what and when I fed him.  Recently, I've attempted baby cereal mixed with breastmilk and Kate was a huge fan.  {Okay, by huge I mean she actually let me put it in her mouth...come on, people...babysteps!}  Every day I feed her a little cereal, and we've tried peas, bananas.  She's only four months I know, but she's ready, happy, and excited to eat.  So far, no weird food allergies, spit-ups, or poos either (although food + breastmilk poo stinks WAY worse than just breastmilk poo!}



Nicknames:  baby Kate, sweetie pie, doll, dolly, sweet girl.  So many names!

Talking:  When she does talk -- she's a loud little one.  Right now she is ALL. SMILES. ALL. THE. TIME.  If you look at her, she smiles.  If you talk to her, she smiles.  She's so different than her big bro was!

New adventures:  Rolling!  Kate rolls from front to back to front like crazy now!  When we put her down for bed, we almost always find her laying so peacefully on her tummy...or even sometimes snuggled up on her side like her momma does.  She LOVES reaching for toys and putting everything in her wee little mouth.  She's determined to get things in her mouth and has quite the grip and even a little growl to get things where she wants them.

I might jinx myself here but I am convinced Kate might just be the easiest baby around.  She rarely cries and if she does, we know exactly what she needs.  She chills.  She's smiley and oh-so-content.  I have no idea how we lucked out with two wonderful littles...but I'm going to relish in their wonderfulness {making up words here, too, people!}.  Jack is amazing and Kate is content.  Life is so good.  So, so good.  I still can't believe we're 25% of the way through Kate's first year.  I just love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment