At 2 1/2 you...
Never. Stop. Talking. Like, never. From the moment you wake up and proclaim, "Mom, I sleep good last night...I watch Tiger Show" in the morning to "Mom, whatcha doing?" chats when it's quiet....you never stop talking. I love hearing you attempt to explain your thoughts. I love watching you put your Spiderman in time out, telling him "time out two minutes for hitting me like this!" I laugh at you when you get frustrated and try to explain why you're mad but I can't really understand your grumpy talk! You've gone from a few words to full sentences and I have to admit it's pretty adorable. You truly entertain me each day!
Are SO ready and SO not ready for potty training. I know, is that even possible? You can tell me you need to go potty, have learned to pull your own pants down, can climb on the potty all by yourself...however you haven't quite figured out the feeling of peeing! After 10 accidents in two days we decided to go back to diapers {which you DO NOT prefer} and tucked your spiderman/cars/trains underwear away. We try every day...and I promise the first time you actually go in the potty we'll attempt your fav comfy underwear again. Soon, little man, soon!
Know almost all of your letters. Sometimes I wonder where in the world you figured most of them out {*cough* thank you, iPad}. We practice completely out of order and you nail almost every letter almost every time. LOVE! When we play at Jordan Creek's play center...you squeal, "Mom, I see an "A", do you see it?!" in the store letters along the way. I love that you're already interested in reading! Maybe it was the Your Baby Can Read DVDs we watched when you were a baby?!
Adore your baby sister. When you hear her cry, you tell and say, "Mom, baby Kate's wakin' up! Go get her, Mom!" You coo at her, pile her up with 100 toys right in her face, and are sad when she is sad. You are the best big brother! Oh, and you love your baby doll just as much. I think she goes "nuh night time" about 10 times a day. You tuck her in, turn on your glow worm, close your curtains, and even tell her "sweep good see you in da morning!" So cute.
Are still snuggly. You flash your big brown eyes and a sly little grin and say "nuggle mommy" {yes, that's the only time you say mommy anymore is when you're tired and snuggly}. I would snuggle with you for hours!
Are a story teller. When your neighbor buddy said he got a new backpack, you said "I have a new pack pack, too". No, no you don't. When I hurt my foot you said yours hurt, too. You just love to be in on all the action...so much that you make it up even if you're not! Silly dude.
Jack's new/old backpack :)
Would color for hours. I found this giant Melissa and Doug {fav kid stuff brand, ever!} coloring book and you ask for it several times a day. We're working on "color in da lines". Sometimes you get frustrated if the color is too light and you can't tell if it's showing up. You love trucks of all kinds...tractors, firetrucks, cars, and more. All boy!
I am absolutely loving these stages of you, little man. Therefore, I am renaming the "terrible" two's into "terrific" two's. I am loving spending our summer days discovering, learning, and hearing more from you. You are and will always be my favorite little man.


No comments:
Post a Comment