It's here, it's ending. All of us teachers are looking at the calendar...realizing that this August business is coming sooner than ever. Signs are everywhere.. giant pencils are attached to the ceiling at Target and Iowa is boasting a tax free weekend starting on Saturday. Back to school. In an attempt to soak up every moment from summer, however, I've compiled a list of must haves that have kept me happy and sane. =)
New perfume.
Nothing makes me feel less like a frumpy mom than a squirt of this new stuff:
Chanel Chance. I randomly walked by the perfume aisle and sprayed just this spray. I walked away and couldn't stop smelling my arm! I went back the next day and bought my very own bottle. {I never find perfume this way. I normally spray like every bottle. This must be the new and improved busy mom style??}
Melissa and Doug toys.
If it's raining, grab a coloring book. When Jack's bored with his toys, grab a new puzzle. Mix things up mid-week with a paint-by-number. Whoever these so-called Melissa and Doug people are, I love them.
Oh, I almost forgot. You know those annoying facebook ads? Well, I ran across one of them called Citrus Lane. I was intrigued by the cute toys in their ad, and figured out that they send monthly boxes with hip, cool, age-appropriate toys for your kiddos once a month. The first month was half off {only $10!!} and had a cool lace up Melisa and Doug toy, a squeezy pouch, a cool new storage container with dishwasher safe stickers -- because after all, what 2-year-old doesn't want stickers everywhere? I love so many things about the little yellow box that came in the mail. The excitement on Jack's face when he said "a pesent por me, mom?" and the fun we had that afternoon as he laced his animals up and took them on a walk. Definitely cool!
Chocolate.
Because who doesn't love a little piece of chocolate.
Every day.
Snapchat.
I was kind of being an old lady and thought that anyone who used snap chat was a nerdy teeny-bopper. Then, peer pressure caved and I downloaded it. It is an app that lets you take snapshots of anything and send it to anyone for up to 10 seconds. After that, the image disappears forever. No, I don't send nudies to anyone -- but I do send funny snapshots of my kids and myself throughout the day. I have to admit, it's fun!
Apple.
No, not the healthy snack. Apple as in the devices! My laptop at home is fast and wonderful - and it has a cute pink cover, too. My phone is phenominal. And our iPad is amazing. Jack LOVES playing on the iPad, and it's teaching him how to write letters! What would we do this summer without our Apple stuff??
Must not haves...
Space bag?
I just watched a commercial about 'space bags'. Big, giant ziploc bags that you suck the air out of to 'store more'. Um, if you can commit to putting something in a bag and sucking the air out for pretty much forever -- chances are someone else could use it. You're welcome, Goodwill, for the shameless plug. =)
Oh, and as always Pinterest and Facebook. I've been decorating my new classroom -- details to come -- planning my friend's bridal shower/bachelorette party, and just finding cool ways to entertain my family.
That's it. There's my list. I could go on and on, but I think I'll go eat another piece of chocolate.
No comments:
Post a Comment