I won't even say it {instert 'I can't believe Kate is this old already}. Whoops, did I just say it? Where oh where has the time gone? I remember dreaming about my giantly long maternity leave. February to August. Now that it's close to August it really seems as if it can't be ending. I am excited for reality -- and I really do love to teach -- but the four chubby cheeks on my kiddos are going to miss the 4,567 kisses they get each day.
Weight: 14.5 pounds -- 20th percentile. Pretty boring here....you're perfectly plump, yet still tiny.
Diaper Size: Size two. Do you remember when I said I loved Pampers for their little yellow line that turns blue? Well, Target must have read my thoughts...the last time I bought up and ups for Kate they were completely different! Say goodbye to the blue and green polka dots and hello to white diapeys with yes, a yellow line! Not only are they TEN dollars cheaper per box, but now they really do offer the same exact thing. Okay, minus the cute baby scent. Let's be honest -- that mixed with poo doesn't smell swell, anyway, right?
Clothes Size: 6 months. It's that easy! 3 months is too small and 9 months looks like I'm being cheap and trying to skip a size. I think 9 months are coming soon...but we have a whole lot of 6 month options so I'm hoping we can squeeze in lots of wearing action before they are packed away. Still obsessed with Carter's. Dreaming of leggings, sweaters, and cardigans to come in the near future...
Sleep: 8-8. That's right. 12 hours. And, when she wakes up around 7 or 8 in the am, she drinks 6 oz down and then heads back to sleep! Oh, and still a 2 or 3 hour nap in the afternoon, too. She's my little sleeper, miss Kate. I can't even describe just how happy she wakes up in the morning. Every inch of her chubby arms and legs flail, she grins from ear to ear, and she squeals like I am her most favorite person in the world...every single morning.
Favorite Activities/things: 'My name is baby Kate and I like to put things in my mouth.' Enough said.
Eating: Everything! She's a big fan of banana + apple cereal mixed with all kinds of fruit. She also loved peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and pears. She chows like crazy already! Also, we're into using our millions of totes of frozen breastmilk and so far Kate's a fan of that, too. She's also not picky with formula {thank goodness}.
Nicknames: Baby Kate, sweetheart, dolly doll, sweet miss...they go on and on as usual.
Talking: You found your voice! A while back, we had a playdate with kiddos and teachers from our new school. I set you next to a 7-month-old...and bam! You started talking and talking and talking...and haven't really stopped. You're so content and quiet...but when you want to be in on the action you are loud, little one. I wonder where you get that from??
New adventures: Grasping with both hands, laughing, rolling all over the place, sitting up with help, Jumperoo action, and much more!
When there's Kate, there's usually Jack, too!
I absolutely adore when you wake up and stare at me with those adorable brown eyes every morning. The way you scrunch your little nose when you cheese it up is just too cute. You're snuggly and adventurous...and as always content. You can tell you're working to figure out this world, just like your big bro. Oh, you love him so! Keep up the good work -- you're an eating, sleeping, and pooping champ and I can't wait to hear what you have to say someday. Our life wouldn't be the same without you....and I really appreciate all the pink you've brought to our lives.
Love you sweet girl, to the moon and back.
Love,
Momma
Daddy's girl...
No comments:
Post a Comment