First...as I searched around for nursery ideas, I quickly realized I did NOT want chocolate brown furniture. I thought "oh how neutral this furniture will be" when we bought it for Jack...but chocolate brown in a little baby girl nursery wasn't easy to decorate around. So...instead of replacing our used for a year furniture, I bought a gallon of awesome paint and painted. Big belly in the way and all, I brushed on four {yes, four} coats of this almost white paint to girlify our furniture! I'd call it a success. (even though you can still see Jack's teeth marks through the paint. I think that adds character, right??)
Then, I decided a deeper pink and gray with white accents would be my color scheme! {and to think, when Jack was a babes I didn't have Pinterest. What did I do without it?!} I picked out my very favorite bedding at Pottery Barn Kids, who happen to have matching paint swatches that coordinate perfect with their linens. So, three walls transformed into elephant gray with one pink accent wall.
As with Jack, I am not a fan of cliche kid decor --- animals, butterflies, or flowers everywhere...no thank you. So I decided random casual prints to accent was my thing. I found curtains that were TO DIE FOR on Etsy. However, I wasn't willing to part with $200 for them...so I ordered the fabric online and hand-sewed them myself! I revamped the mobile bought from a used kids store (that I got for $9) into a custom matching mobile. I covered canvases with fabric and did a whole lot of spray painting. Overall, I think my vision of a crafty, grown-up version of a baby girl nursery came through perfect.
On one side of the hallway I have a navy and red vintage car room and on the other a pink and gray nursery. My dream!
I wasn't sharing her name, so for a while the big, white frame was empty!
I absolutely loved this sign.
Kate's closet...oh too many clothes!
No comments:
Post a Comment