..well sort of. If you add burp rags, husbands, and careers that is. Last weekend, a big chunk of our high school group of girls got together to celebrate the addition of a new pink bundle of joy to the mix of it all. Whitney and Tony welcomed their new little, Miss Brynlee, and that's always reason to celebrate.
It's not too often that we end up all in the same place at the same time. As we juggled catching up, feedings, chatting, and presents....it all seemed so familiar. It's funny...the faces seemed the same. The stories lingered on. And the friendships stood the test of time.
Next year marks our 10 year anniversary since graduating high school {gasp...that's making me feel older just typing it}.
These families -- these smiling faces -- helped me figure out what it was I wanted as I grew up. I discovered loving families, relationships, parenting advice, stability, and so much more from merely watching my friends and their parents. It was immensely refreshing to see the same smiling faces -- years later -- still happy to see me succeed. I still wonder where I may be if I didn't have these amazing role models at such an essential time in my life...
As we chatted, caught up, put away old baggage and opened new chapters, I couldn't help but to feel proud. Proud that we're all still friends. Proud that we've all made it. We have careers, houses, husbands, each other, changed lives, created lives, achieved goals, and through everything we're still here for each other. Proud of the littles we are all smitten over. Just proud.
Here's to many more years of wonderful.
Here's to all of the rest of our friends finding their forever.
Here's to us staying friends.
Forever.
Forever.
as we go onwe rememberall the times wehad togetherand as our lives changecome whateverwe will still befriends forever
Vitamin C / / Friends Forever
No comments:
Post a Comment