Followers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Our little piece of land...



It's official...WE'RE BUILDING A HOUSE!

Eric and I have been on the house hunt for months now. We both look forward to our Sunday open house stroll through the Des Moines metro. We searched through houses for sale, drove through towns searching for the perfect place to call home, and chit-chatted about how our lives are rapidly changing. We noticed, almost instantly, that we weren't satisfied with buying an already existing home. For one, Eric is probably the most non-handy man I've ever met ---- which I love about him. He can't even paint a room, let alone demo a bathroom or install the counter tops I would like to have. For two, I'd spend weeks cleaning someone's mess? I think NOT!

So, we shifted our focus from walking through already existing homes, to checking out lots, prices, towns, builders, and floor plans. It's a whole new world. When you build, you have the choice of where, what, how much, what color, all the way down to grout in between the tile you choose. FABULOUS!

So, we're building our dream home in Waukee. We found the perfect lot, at the perfect time, with the perfect price. I can see my school from our back windows! And, there is a city park across the street.

I'm sure I'll keep you updated on the building progress from time-to-time, but for now, you can see what our little piece of land looks like. It will be finished sometime in March. I can't wait to bring our little man to his new home.

Here's to another chapter in our lives...

1 comment:

  1. love this! i bet this will end up being ben someday too, he's very picky and not handy at all. as of now i'm printing your blog and taking it to mom...

    ReplyDelete